|1) Floating point units|
2) Automotive systems
- IEEE standard
- Theory of rounding
- FPU construction
- Add/subtract unit
- Multiply/divide unit
- Multipliers (Booth-Recoding)
3) Multi-Core Architectures (Memory Model of X64 Processors)
- Electronic control units
- FlexRay like interfaces
- Clock synchronization
- Out-Of-Order Schedulers
- Multilevel Address Translations
- Cache Coherency Protocols
- Every Monday an exercise sheet will be handed out.
- Every Thursday (16-18h, building E1.3, room 328) starting at November 6th there will be a tutorial.
In order to be admitted to the exam you have to achieve 50% of all exercise points.
In addition each student has to present at least four solutions of an exercise.
You have to pass one oral exam taking place at the end of the semester (the date of the exam will be announced in the beginning of January
- The oral exam is on Wednesday, February 18 at 10:00 (in the office of Prof. Paul).